Rosie is a General Paediatrician who enjoys caring for children from birth to late adolescence. She graduated with honours from Monash University and has been working in the field of paediatrics since 2006, mostly at the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. As well as her work at Barkers Road Specialist Centre, she is a consultant paediatrician at Frankston Hospital and Eastern Health looking after acutely unwell newborns and paediatric inpatients. She also teaches medical students through Deakin University.
She has an interest in managing a wide range of paediatric conditions including:
- Newborn care, unsettled babies, feeding difficulties, infant-maternal mental health and ex-premature baby follow-up
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- Constipation and continence issues
- Developmental concerns, including developmental delay, learning difficulties, ADHD and Autism spectrum disorder
- Mental health issues, including eating disorders, anxiety and depression
- Adolescent issues
- Sleep problems
- Behavioural difficulties and positive parenting strategies and
- The co-ordination of care of children with complex medical problems
She has a holistic, family-focussed approach to her practice, considering the child in the context of the family. She works closely with parents, patients, educators, allied health and other medical professionals to strive to jointly understand a child, their medical issues and their strengths and challenges. She partners with these care providers to work out the best strategies to improve the child’s health, help them to feel secure and maximise their potential.